Texas Must Test DNA Before Carrying Out Skinner Execution
Kirk Bloodsworth was exonerated by DNA testing in 1993 after spending eight years in Maryland prison, two on death row, for a crime he did not commit. Mr. Bloodsworth was the first exoneree in a capital conviction in the United States.
He wrote that article in the HuffingtonPost. Please, read more there:
„Test the DNA. That is the simple request of Hank Skinner to Texas officials before they carry out his execution, which is scheduled for November 9. I do not know if Mr. Skinner is innocent or guilty — but I do know firsthand the critical importance of DNA testing. Nearly twenty years ago, I became the first person in the United States exonerated from death row when post-conviction DNA testing proved my innocence.
In 1985, I was convicted and sentenced to death in Maryland for a crime I did not commit. I spent eight years in prison, two of those on death row, before I obtained the testing that led to my exoneration.
DNA testing not only proved my innocence. Ten years after I was released from prison, DNA helped identify the true person who committed the tragic murder of a young girl for which I had faced execution. That person confessed and is serving life in prison.“ …..
- Hank Skinner: Last Minute – better than never – the case Hank Skinner & a petition (faktensucher.wordpress.com)
- Hank Skinner Deserves DNA Tests – imnmediately! (faktensucher.wordpress.com)
- Casus Hank Skinner: The Link to Petition & Videos (faktensucher.wordpress.com)
- Henry Skinner Execution Approaches, Rick Perry Called On To Allow DNA Testing (huffingtonpost.com)
- Judge considers DNA tests for convicted killer (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Judge Considers DNA Tests for Convicted Killer (abcnews.go.com)
- Skinner Lawyer: DNA Decision Likely Up to State Court (prisonmovement.wordpress.com)
- Will Rick Perry kill another innocent man? (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- Death row inmate asks court to keep lawsuit alive (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Death row inmate asks court to keep lawsuit alive (sfgate.com)
- In the Interest of Justice, Grant DNA Testing to Hank Skinner (prisonmovement.wordpress.com)
- Hank Skinner Files Motion for DNA Testing Under New Law, Asks Court to Withdraw Nov. 9 Execution Date (prisonmovement.wordpress.com)
- Execution First, DNA Later (prisonmovement.wordpress.com)
Dieser Beitrag wurde am 29. Oktober 2011 von curi56 veröffentlicht. Er wurde unter Invisible, News in English, Prison Affairs, Social/psychological news und wurde getaggt mit Capital punishment, DNA, DNA profiling, Hank Skinner, Kirk Bloodsworth, Maryland, Texas, United States abgelegt.